Buying from a Used Car Lot vs Private Owner
We have all been there. You’re looking to purchase a used vehicle but you’re just not quite sure whether to go to the dealership or trust someone who is privately selling their vehicle. Our Fayetteville Auto Mart team wants to show you why it can be worth your time to visit our used car lot to find your next vehicle. Below we have discussed 7 advantages you would have when choosing a car dealer over a private owner. If you have any questions or if you’re looking to schedule a test drive, fill out the contact form below or give one of our sales professionals a call!
- When choosing to buy from a used car lot, you have the luxury of having multiple options to choose from. If you go with a private owner you are out of luck if decide against the vehicle after a test drive. At Fayetteville Auto Mart we pride ourselves in the various car, truck, SUV and sports car selection we uphold.
Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles
- Certified Pre-Owned vehicles can be found at dealerships and have been through official inspections and repaired by the certified professionals. Along with updated service repairs, you also receive warranty on the vehicle. This is a great amenity that you won’t find with private owners.
- Are you wanting to get rid of your current vehicle? Unless you are making a deal with the private owner to switch vehicles, this is something you will only be able to do when you come on down to the dealership. If you choose to trade-in your vehicle, that money can then be used as a down payment on the new vehicle which will lower your monthly payments.
- Let’s not forget about the most important part of buying a vehicle! When you purchase from a used car dealer, used car financing is given as an option to you versus having to pay for the vehicle out right. If you purchase from a private owner you run the risk of not being able to receive financing as some banks will not finance under that circumstance.
- This speaks for itself! Save yourself some time and hassle and let the dealership handle the paperwork.
More legal protection
- When push comes to shove you don’t want to have to deal with a vehicle that mysteriously starts to have endless problems. Don’t risk purchasing an undisclosed salvage vehicle or a lemon from a private owner. Put your trust into the dealership knowing that their vehicles are tested and trusted.
- Last but not least, the reputation of the dealer is at stake when they are selling vehicles. Whenever a car drives off the lot, post-purchase, the dealership wants to make sure they don’t see it again, unless it is for planned maintenance. Private owners don’t have a reputation to uphold when selling their vehicle so they have the ability to tell you whatever they to get it off their hands. When buying from the dealer, there’s always the chance that an unhappy customer could leave a negative review causing others to then not visit the dealership.